I obtained the medical degree (2007) and specialty in Endocrinology (2013) both on time summa cum laude at the University of Pisa (Italy).
Then I moved to the United Kingdom (UK) and awarded a PhD in Molecular Endocrinology in 2016 at Cardiff University, where I continued to work as postdoctoral clinical research fellow.
From September 2019 I have been working as Clinical Research Fellow in the Department of Endocrinology and in the Graves’ Orbitopathy Centre - IRCCS Fondazione Ca’ Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico - Milan, Italy.
My current areas of expertise are:
- Thyroid Autoimmunity: Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Graves’ disease
- Graves’ orbitopathy (thyroid eye disease)
- Goitre and thyroid nodules
- Thyroid ultrasound examination
- Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism
- Thyroid dysfunctions during and post pregnancy
- Thyroid disorders induced by drugs acting on the immune system (immune checkpoint inhibitors, immune reconstitution therapy, alemtuzumab)